Foundations -newborn to mobile
Level 1 (Village) newborn to 20 months
45-50 minute classes, once a week – Foundations and Level 1 (Village) families get unlimited attendance- come to as many classes as your baby will allow.
No more than 12 babies with parents/caregiver attending
$75/month which includes tuition and home materials for each semester;
10% discount for siblings in the same class, sharing materials.
Kindermusik Foundations and Level 1 (Village): A Bonding Experience
The Kindermusik Foundations and Level 1 classes provide a delightful environment unlike any other. Through a unique blend of multi-level activities that include creative movement, vocal play, object and instrument exploration, and a colorful literature component, baby’s growth and development are stimulated and all senses engaged.
Kindermusik Foundations is for lap babies. Level 1 is for lap babies, crawlers, and walkers. They both incorporates the most current research on early childhood development and provide families a special place for learning and connecting with other parents and babies through music and movement.
Our Foundations and Level 1 classes now include:
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Variety of Music – Musical diversity builds strong neural connections in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
- Instrument Play – Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhance a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourage spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance – A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together Time – A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering the parent a place to create special memories with their child, gain new insights into their child’s development, and nurture their child’s natural love of music.
- Expert Advice – Texas Certified and Kindermusik Licensed teachers explain “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances a child’s complete development.
- Learning Continues at Home – With the home materials, the learning continues at home with the child’s best teacher—the parent!
- Sign & Sing Steps – Parents learn research-proven methods shown to speed language development in hearing children, ease frustration, and enhance long-term learning abilities. Learn more about Sign & Sing.
Dream Pillow –
This title alone brings images of rocking, cuddling, singing, and lulling to sleep, but leading up to sleepy time are many upbeat and playful activities. Babies and Adults will swirl to a dreamy cloud dance “Meet Me Tonight in Dreamland.” They’ll also play baby appropriate instruments to “Aiken Drum,” and “Sarasponda.” Favorite nursery rhymes like “Wee Willie Winkie,” and “Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling,” are sprinkled throughout the classes. It’s easy to weave many of the class songs and activities into your families’ daily routines.
Home Materials: A board book that calms and relaxes—Dream Pillow Lullaby, CD, Art Banners for the nursery wall that strengthen vision and promote early literacy, and a fish baby jingle bell.
Sign & Sing
Parents learn research-proven methods shown to speed language development in hearing children, ease frustration, and enhance long- term learning abilities. Through songs, toys, and loving playtime between you and your child, Kat’s Musik’s Sign & Sing shows you more than 50 signs your child can use to communicate with you.
Home Materials: My First Signs book, CD and Baby Rainboshaker
Hickory Dickory — Research shows the more you expose your baby to nursery rhymes and songs, the stronger those emerging language-learning skills will be. That’s why these Mother Goose-like stories and rhymes are the main theme of this class. Plus, you’ll develop research-proven communication strategies with your child through listening activities, speaking “parentese,” and sign language.
Home Materials:CD of beautifully arranged nursery rhyme and songs, a rhyming picture board book—Hickory, Dickory, Tickle, and Bounce, Art Banners, and a shaker with handle.
Rhythm of my Day — This class will help you bring more rhythm and routine to your baby’s day, as well as help develop lasting learning skills. We’ll show you how and tell you why music can help your little one soothe into the day’s schedule and help build a strong body and mind network for learning. You can bring home those same stress-free play and relaxation techniques from class, and incorporate them into your daily routines.
Home Materials:CD of beautifully arranged songs from class, The Rhythm of My Day—a colorful picture board book with class themes, Art Banners, and a jingle shaker.
Peekaboo, I Love You — More than just a curious story, Mother Goose games like peekaboo help babies understand language. In this special unit, uncover more ways to say “I love you” using American Sign Language, soap bubbles, and parent-baby dances. Plus, parents can meet with other newborns and families in the community and learn how music improves the child development process.
Home Materials: This set of Peek-a-boo At Home Materials includes: Book Duck mitten, sensory ball, CD features a slip-in, slip-out lyric book inside the case Home activities poster.