18 month to 3 1/2 years
45-50 minute classes, once a week. Parents/caregivers attend with child
No more than 12 children with parents/caregivers attending
$78/month which includes tuition and home materials for each semester;
Ready to enroll?
Read about all the benefits of membership at Kat's Musik.
Kindermusik Level 2: Building Confidence
Kindermusik Level 2 encourages toddlers to uncover an engaging musical world while building confidence, self-control, and communications skills. Singing, imitating sounds, rhyming, and object identification foster language skills, while creative movement to various musical “moods” develops a sense of balance, timing, and spatial awareness. Listening and turn-taking encourage blossoming social skills. Level 2 reflects the emotional foundations of school readiness and the latest research on music and early childhood development.
Level 2 is a unique opportunity for parent and child to interact and learn together in an unhurried and joyful manner. For the toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world. Despite a display of independence, the 1.5 to 3 year old child still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, toddlers still relishes the comfort of the familiar while also seeking the challenge of something new. Kindermusik Level 2 encourages children to be creative, to initiate their own ideas and to respond in their own ways, while the parents’ active participation gives the toddlers the security they need. Playing instruments, singing, moving, and exploring uncover an engaging musical world while building the toddlers’ confidence, self-control, and communications skills.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument Exploration and Ensemble Skill Development -- Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal Play -- Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time -- Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story Time and Early Literacy -- Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities -- Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time -- Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert Advice -- Our teachers explain how the musically based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.
Wiggle & Giggles
The more than 30 songs, 15 dances, and 8 different instruments create these unique music activities, designed to reflect the importance of movement in the life of a toddler.
Double CD featuring 50 songs, sounds, and recordings of favorite activities from class; two music and movement books—Watch Me! and Pete and P.J. (to develop early literacy skills); Home Activity Book; and a pair of zig zag blocks (instrument to develop r