18 month to 3 1/2 years
45-50 minute classes, once a week
No more than 12 children with parents/caregivers attending
$75/month which includes tuition and home materials for each semester;
10% discount for siblings in the same class, sharing materials.
Kindermusik Level 2 encourages toddlers to uncover an engaging musical world while building confidence, self-control, and communications skills. Singing, imitating sounds, rhyming, and object identification foster language skills, while creative movement to various musical “moods” develops a sense of balance, timing, and spatial awareness. Listening and turn-taking encourage blossoming social skills. Level 2 reflects the emotional foundations of school readiness and the latest research on music and early childhood development.
Level 2 is a unique opportunity for parent and child to interact and learn together in an unhurried and joyful manner. For the toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world. Despite a display of independence, the 1.5 to 3 year old child still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, toddlers still relishes the comfort of the familiar while also seeking the challenge of something new. Kindermusik Level 2 encourages children to be creative, to initiate their own ideas and to respond in their own ways, while the parents’ active participation gives the toddlers the security they need. Playing instruments, singing, moving, and exploring uncover an engaging musical world while building the toddlers’ confidence, self-control, and communications skills.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument Exploration and Ensemble Skill Development -- Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal Play -- Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time -- Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story Time and Early Literacy -- Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities -- Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time -- Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert Advice -- Ms. Kat and Miss Amy explain how the musically based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.
Milk & Cookies
Make everyday home activities and chores easier and more fun with music! Cook and sing to “The Muffin Man”; dust and clean to the original song “In My House”; get ready to wash clothes to the delightful poem “Washing Machine”. Baking cookies, eating cupcakes, blowing on hot cross buns, wiggling like jelly, going grocery shopping and making tea are all represented in familiar as well as new songs. Move, play, and sing together in developmentally appropriate activities created just for 1½ to 3-year-olds. Capture the familiar and new moments of the day and learn how music can impact your toddler.
Home Materials: Double CD featuring songs from class; two books—At My House and Cookies, stir xylophone instrument, and a Home Activity Book—all arriving in a durable lunch bag