18 months to 3 1/2 years
45-50 minute classes, once a week
No more than 12 children with parents/caregiver attending
$70/month which includes tuition and home materials for each semester;
10% discount for siblings in the same class, sharing materials.
Kindermusik Our Time — On the Go!
Our Time encourages toddlers to uncover an engaging musical world while building confidence, self-control, and communications skills. Singing, imitating sounds, rhyming, and object identification foster language skills, while creative movement to various musical “moods” develops a sense of balance, timing, and spatial awareness. Listening and turn-taking encourage blossoming social skills. Our Time reflects the emotional foundations of school readiness and the latest research on music and early childhood development.
Our Time is a unique opportunity for parent and child to interact and learn together in an unhurried and joyful manner. For the toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world. Despite a display of independence, the 1.5 to 3 year old child still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, toddlers still relishes the comfort of the familiar while also seeking the challenge of something new. Kindermusik Our Time encourages children to be creative, to initiate their own ideas and to respond in their own ways, while the parents’ active participation gives the toddlers the security they need. Playing instruments, singing, moving, and exploring uncover an engaging musical world while building the toddlers’ confidence, self-control, and communications skills.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument Exploration and Ensemble Skill Development — Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal Play — Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time — Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story Time and Early Literacy — Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities — Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time — Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert Advice — Ms. Kat and Miss Amy explain how the musically based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.
Wiggles & Giggles — “Wishy, Washy, Wishy, Washy, Wishy, Washy, Weeeeeeeee…” This spirited refrain will inspire you be intentional when you play with your child. HOW you play can make a powerful difference in their development. The more than 30 songs, 15 dances, and eight different instruments we will explore create unique music activities. We will use music and your child’s natural gift of movement to nurture their development.
Home Materials: Double CD features 50 songs, sounds, and recordings of favorite activities from class; two story books—Watch Me! and Pete and P.J., to develop early literacy skills; Home Activity Book; and specially-made pair of zigzag blocks—instrument to develop rhythm and hand-eye coordination-all conveniently stored in a Wiggles & Giggles carry bag.
Away We Go! — Hop on the train, get in the car, board the plane, and Away We Go! This class focuses on transportation, a favorite topic for toddlers who are on the go, go, go! Sing and play along with favorite songs, such as “I’ve Been Workin’ on the Railroad” and “Wheels on the Bus”. Explore fast and slow, smooth and bumpy, and high and low. Read stories about ways to get around. Shiny Dinah tells the story of a train, and Giddy-Up! has a horse, speedboat, racecar, and more to help you get where you want to go.
Home Materials:Double CD featuring songs from class; two interactive story books —Shiny Dinah and Giddy-Up! to develop early literacy skills; Home Activity Book, and two professionally-made harmonicas designed for toddlers.
Beach Days — We’ll dance seashell dances, wiggle our toes in the sand, move like whales, count little seashells lying on the shore, sing sailor songs, read beachy books, splash and sail, and so much more! Grab your sunglasses and beach towel – it’s time for Beach Days!
Home Materials: book, Home CD, Seashell Castanets